10 Beautiful Love Quotes To Inspire Your Vows
Love is a universal experience, described and expressed in all its forms by authors, artists and musicians throughout the ages. This means that, when it comes to writing your wedding vows, there are countless sources of inspiration you can draw from to explain just how much you love your significant other.
Here are 10 beautiful love quotes to get you inspired:
1. “You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” – George Moore
Timeless and poetic, this classic sentiment conveys true love effortlessly.
2. “Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.” – Swedish Proverb
In bad times as well as good, this wonderful proverb reminds us that love is not conditional.
3. “Who, being loved, is poor?” – Oscar Wilde
Simple, romantic and to-the-point. Love is all you need!
4. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr Seuss
Dr Seuss has an incredible way of describing emotion in the simplest manner.
5. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that truer friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
Incorporating this quote in your vows is a beautiful way to express how friendship forms the solid foundation of love.
6. “Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star…” – E.E. Cummings
A reminder of love’s power to transcend all fear – perfect for including in wedding vows.
7. “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and also Matthew 6:21
Ideal for Harry Potter fans, this heartfelt quote will never go out of style.
8. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
For fans of classic literature, there’s no better way to say ‘I love you’ than with a Bronte quote!
9. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
The great philosopher and scientist knew exactly how to describe the idea of being in love.
10. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” George Sand
After all, what else matters?
By Abby Williams, Excalibur Press
SUMMER 2018 EDITION AVAILABLE TO BUY ONLINE NOW