5 Reasons to Cut Grains Out of Your Diet
Health, fitness and nutrition expert Sarah Connolly for Fit4Anything Fitness Studio in Ballygawley, lets us in on some of her secrets for getting brides wedding and honeymoon ready.
1. Grains are bread, flour based products, cereals, crackers and biscuits etc. All the types of sugar craving foods that add absolutely no nutritional value to your diet.
2. Grains cause the greatest rise in blood sugar levels making it harder to control energy levels as a result.
3. They are extremely energy dense, which most people do not burn off through daily activities, and therefore will be stored as fat.
4. Grains contain gluten, which is a common food intolerance for people.
5. Grains are an inferior fibre source compared to fruit and vegetables.
Sarah Connolly runs Fit4Anything Fitness Studio in Ballygawley, County Tyrone. Sarah holds a degree in Sports Science and Health from DCU and is an ISSN Sports Nutritionist, having completed her postgraduate studies. She has also undertaken Yoga Instructor Teacher Training in India and is currently studying as a UKSCA Strength and Conditioning Coach.