Pros & Cons of Juicing
Juicing has been around for a while, but thanks to Pinterest and Instagram among other social media platforms, it has almost become fashionable. There are those that think Juicing is the holy grail of all health kicks, and those who think that it is a dangerous fad.
Nobody can deny that drinking the juice of various fruits and vegetables is a great way to get in your 5 a day, but why juice rather than just eat our nutrients?
We’ve drafted up the pros and cons of your juice detox to make things much easier.
- All the nutrients with reduced calories.
- Easy way to up your fruit and veg intake.
- Delicious way to consume more plant foods
- Floods the body with micro nutrients
- Nutrients are easily absorbed in juice form.
- You will completely debloat.
- You can ‘hide’ loads of vegetables behind the taste of fruit.
- Your body will be rid of toxins.
- It can be messy
- Too much fruit can result in increased sugar levels
- Reduced Fibre
- You’ll probably be hungry
So there is an upside and a downside to your pre wedding juice fast, but if you feel you could benefit even mentally from doing one then we say go for it. Just realise that it is not a quick fix, nor is it a long term solution. You should view a juice cleanse as something you can do to make sure you look and feel your absolute best. Here are a few tips.
- Stick to Veg – More veg than fruit will keep the sugar levels down in the juices. Too much fruit could result in a sugar overload.
- Do the detox on days you are busy. If you are sitting at your desk all day, you will no doubt be dreaming about food and thinking about how hungry you are.
- Plan your juice menu. It will be much easier to buy your fruit and veg in advance when you know what you need and it will mean the juices are varied. So you won’t feel like you’re having the same thing every day.